Saturday, February 19, 2011

Billy Vs. SILLY



As it is something that comes up in day to day conversation for me, I thought it would be funny to do a "Rockabilly vs. Rockasilly" weekly post. If you have never heard the term before, "Rockasilly" simply refers to items (clothing, accessories, etc.) that were taken from something rockabilly and turned into something "edgy" and modern, so people can wear or use these things and think of themselves as "retro" or "rockabilly". But really, they are not...

I will try to stay pretty literal with these posts so that it is clear which is which. After seeing WAY too many of these modern hooker versions of a classic spectator or mary jane pump, I thought this would be perfect for the first post.


Always,

Ruby B.



P.S. Though I don't really care for a lot of rockabilly culture these days, it used to be very important to me in high school and I still find it offensive when people mislabel things as "rockabilly".

No comments:

Post a Comment